Friday, January 21, 2011

I'd Sure Hate to Break Down Here

Let me just say that I haven't had the best couple of days.  Yesterday consisted of a day filled with that white fluffy stuff I hate so much and a trip to the vet because Zoe's medication was left in Berne.  I understand that the vet won't dispense any prescription medication until they've seen your pet, but I was hoping they would work with me since I was stuck at home with the cable guy, garage door guy, and washing machine guy.  No such luck.  Regardless, I found a vet I like and came home with Zoe's medication.

Meanwhile, I've been on the search for a curtain rod for the living room.  I've been to 2 different Targets and they either didn't have it or were sold out.  So, since Justin was home today with the security guy and Best Buy delivery guys, I decided to venture out to one more Target in Carmel.  I never made it.  My car broke down, and I mean completely broke down!  I have never been this stranded before in my life.  So, I called AAA to learn I would have a 3-hour wait on a tow truck.  Really?  They said the wait time was because of the weather.  Apparently they still thought it was yesterday because the sun was shining and the roads were almost spotless!

Luckily, I only ended up waiting a little over an hour and my tow truck driver was great (unlike the security system guy who had NO personality).  We had a great conversation on the 2-mile trip to the car shop.  He couldn't believe they gave me an ETA of 3 hours!  Super nice guy and he'll definitely get my call should I ever need another tow.

I ended up at some car shop in Carmel where my car is spending the weekend.  They have no idea what is wrong with it and can't even get it to start. **Sigh**  I guess it could alway be worse.

As for the curtain rod, I'm just going to order it online.  I'm over looking for it at this point.

No comments: