Sunday, January 23, 2011

Who Sets Your Feet Up

Why is it that moving into a new house instantly creates a need to look for new furnishings?  I've been trying really hard to use as much from the old house as possible, but there is one item for the living room that I would like to have and that is a leather storage ottoman (and it can be faux leather for all I care!)  Honestly, I wanted one at the old house but figured I might as well wait until we moved to see what kind of space I would have.  The old wood coffee table is showing its wear from propping our feet up after 7 years (I'm sure the fact it's a cheap table from Target has nothing to do with that) , and I thought if I went with leather, I might get a little more wear out of it.

However, now I have a dilemma.  Do I want to do one large ottoman like this one?



Or, do I want to do four small cubes all pushed together?


The large one makes it easier for storage of blankets, but I could make it work in the cubes too.  The cubes also allow for additional seating which would be nice.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Jessica Shumway said...

We got a large square one and love it. Probably one of our favorite house additions. :)