Saturday, March 12, 2011

Some Sweet Iced Tea

I knew it wouldn't be easy, but do you know how hard it is to find a good glass of sweet iced tea up North?  Every place I go that says they have sweet tea is telling a lie.  Especially those places that have the "processed" tea....bleh.  I'll admit it's OK, but it isn't the same.  What's really disappointing is to take a big slurp of what you think is going to be good sweet tea only to have your hopes crushed and realize its unsweet.  Or maybe it is what I call "Northern Sweet Tea" but because I've been spoiled for the last three years with more sugar than I should have had, nothing up here tastes like it is sweetened.  Honestly, I'm surprised I didn't become a diabetic living in TN.  Anyways....McAlister's is my saving grace as that is the only place I've been able to find a sweet tea that reminds me of Nashville.

Another thing I forgot about when moving back to Indiana was potholes!  OMG!  However, that is the price you have to pay to have snow-free roads I guess.  I swear I'm gonna break an axle on my Santa Fe one of these days.  I do my best to maneuver around them, but I still manage to hit one or two because there are so many!

It is great, however, to be able to buy Red Gold Salsa again.  This brand is probably my favorite, and I couldn't find it anywhere in Nashville.  I've enjoyed several jars already since I've been back.  Also on a positive note, I found someone to do my hair...in fact, it was almost too easy!  Christopher at Studio 58.  In Nashville, I salon-hopped for awhile, so to find someone right away that I liked was almost like a dream come true.

I'm in the process of finishing up some painting and decorating, and will hopefully have some pictures posted soon.

No comments: