Monday, May 16, 2011

Find Out Who Your Friends Are

In the past, I've struggled with the loss of some friendships.  These were friendships that I felt were going to last a lifetime, however, that idea was proven wrong.  It can be painful, but eventually you come to a realization that you are putting effort into the friendship and you are not receiving it in return.  I finally came to terms with the loss of these friendships, and was ok with it.  I actually felt a peace about it.

Recently, I had an issue arise with these friendships that caused me a lot of hurt.  But then, I received an email from someone I consider to be a true friend.  I'll be honest, it was a forward and I usually just delete forwards, but for some reason, I chose to read this one.  In this email, I found the following:

There comes a point in your life when you realize:

Who matters,
Who never did,
Who won't anymore...
And who always will.
So, don't worry about people from your past,
there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future. 

It really hit home to me, and I felt the need to share it.  So if you're out there, and you've experienced the same feelings and struggles with loss of friendships, think to this saying.  It couldn't be more appropriate.

No comments: