Sunday, May 15, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Laugh out loud funny is what I have to say about the movie Bridesmaids.


I don't have many opportunities to go and spend a whole Saturday out with friends, but I did this weekend, and it was a blast!  We started off by spending Saturday afternoon at Brick Street Market in Zionsville.  If you've never been to Brick Street Market, you need to.  It's a great event with many local artisans and etsyans who sell their hand-crafted items.  I'm amazed at the creativity of individuals.  I actually did not buy anything, but I found a couple of necklaces that I really liked so I picked up business cards for Etsy website addresses.  If I have that feeling of, "Gosh, I wish I would have bought that," I still can.

Afterwards, we headed to Castleton Square Mall (in the pouring rain) for dinner at Houlihan's where I think I may have had the best mixed drink of my life!  The mango rum drop.  Pretty sure that will be my new drink for the summer!  We got in a little shopping and then went to the theatre to see Bridesmaids.  I had no idea it was opening weekend, but now it makes sense why the theatre was so packed!  I was laughing so hard I was crying!  And for those of us who had the Wilson Phillips cassette tape growing up, we walked out singing the lyrics to Hold On.  There are some times where you just need a girls day!

The only bad thing about the weekend is that now I am on the hunt to find more events like Brick Street Market and who can forget about summer festivals!  This is going to be a good summer!

No comments: