Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sign Says Nashville, Tennessee

We made a VERY impromptu trip back to Nashville a couple of weekends ago.  You see, Nashville's NHL team, the Predators...well, we're kind of big fans.  When they won Game #5 of the first series in Anaheim, they were headed back to Nash for Game #6.  However, what was so big about game #6 was that if they won, it would be the first time in franchise history for the team to make it past the first round, and Justin really wanted to be there for it.

So, Saturday morning, I got up and ran my errands early because I had a hunch we would be driving to Nashville later on that day.  Sure enough, I got a phone call from Justin that asked if I could call Kyla, the pet sitter to see if she was available.  I told him this trip was up to him and he'd have to take care of it.  The fact that it was Easter weekend, I had no idea how busy Kyla would be.  Thirty minutes later, I heard this on the other end of the phone, "Kyla is available and can take care of Zoe this weekend, I already bought tickets, we have a hotel room, and we're having dinner with Heather and Bryan at 8:00 at Rakka.  How soon can you get home?"  Well, given that I had a 2-hour hair appointment ahead of me, and still had homework to do, it was going to be at least 4:30 before we could leave, and he was ok with that.  As soon as I got home, I finished up my presentation, submitted it, packed a suitcase, and jumped in the car. We were off to Nashville!

We made it into Hendersonville just in time for dinner with our friends and hung out with them the rest of the evening!  It felt like we had never left!  Then, Sunday morning, we got up and went to Easter service at our old church which was spectacular!  I miss that church!  We spent the rest of the afternoon finding a place for lunch, driving past our old house, and then headed towards downtown.  They opened the arena early, so we headed in so Justin could finally buy his Predators jersey!  (Thank goodness I brought our season ticket holder passes which scored us a great discount at the pro shop!)

The game was AMAZING and the Predators W-O-N!  WooWoo!  Nashville has some of the best fans which makes the atmosphere incredible.  I've posted two videos....one is just of the crowd cheering while the other is the end of the game when the Preds won! (**My videos won't play...apparently a problem with Blogger. :-(  Head on over to my facebook page to view the videos if you're interested!)


We drove straight back to Indy after the game and stepped in the door at 1:30 AM Monday morning!  While we were exhausted and knew we had to be up for work in a few hours, the trip was SO worth it!  We had a great time at the game, with each other, and with friends!  I didn't realize how much I missed Nashville, until we were back.  It felt right.  I can't wait to go back!

No comments: