Tuesday, January 8, 2008

It's a Good News Day!

I know...it's my second post today, but I have some exciting news to share that came in after I posted earlier today.

Justin and I were just ready to walk out the door on our way to Lowe's when the phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and saw that someone from Vanderbilt was calling. I have been interviewing with Vanderbilt since December 5th. Today they called and offered me a position in their Medical Special Events Department. I'm very excited about the opportunity. While I'm very familiar with the catering side of the industry, this will give me the chance to learn more about the event planning side. AND since this is what I went back to school for, I will actually be able to use my degree (and this goes to show Justin that degrees from Indiana University aren't so bad after all)! This position is going to be a great stepping stone for me.

So starting on Monday, I'll be headed to downtown Nashville everyday. It only takes about 20 minutes to get from our place to downtown during NON-rush hour traffic. Looks like I'll have to start getting up even earlier to start commuting to downtown...and many of you know that I am not a morning person! This could be interesting!

Thanks to all of you who kept me in your thoughts and prayers while I was going through the job search process! It was greatly appreciated!

No comments: