Thursday, January 17, 2008

Rush Hour Traffic...ugh!

I'm learning to really hate rush hour traffic! From what I have heard, you just have to figure out when that window of opportunity is for good traffic and never miss it! I've tried leaving my house at 6:30, 6:55, 6:58, and 7:05 (I know...some of you can't believe that I would get up this early, but it's true!) So far 6:58 seems to be the best. And it's true...you really need to find that perfect window! However, if there's an accident along your route (which happens frequently around here), it doesn't really matter what time you leave. In fact, you don't even really need an accident here for traffic to back up. A drive that only takes 20-25 minutes during NON rush-hour time pretty much doubles during rush hour. Oh...and plan on driving about 20 mph on the interstate and braking frequently during this time!

I'm getting to that point where I can travel some without total dependency on my GPS, but I'm still learning. It's crazy...turn left, exit left, keep right, keep left, exit right....ahhh! I've learned to figure out which lanes I need to be in, get in them, and stay there or else you're going to miss your next exit and end up on the wrong side of Nashville!

We did get some snow here last night. Now here's a story that is going to make you laugh...As I was watching the weatherman on the news last night, he said, "We've got some impressive accumulations out there!" So I looked up to see the snow totals in different areas of the city. The largest accumulation I saw----1 1/2 inches! I couldn't believe it...that's impressive? Must have been good enough....3 counties had closed school at that point! Impressive to me is the 14" that fell in West Lafayette last February and closed Purdue University!

Justin's been traveling down south...he'll be home this weekend! He says he'll be glad to be home, but it's only for a couple of days before he has to head out again. I'm impressed that he's keeping up with his blog. I really didn't think he would stick with it.

Poor Zoe has had to stay at home by herself all day long for 10 hours. By the time I get home, it's almost time for bed! I can't even get home to let her out for lunch. So to solve this problem...I got a pet sitter! I know...I swore I would never be one of those people who took their dog to doggie daycare or had a pet sitter come and let her out. BUT, Zoe get's to stay in a familiar territory vs. day boarding her at a kennel, and while she would be taken out at both places, a pet sitter will also take her on a walk, which I don't have time to do everyday. This way, I don't have to worry about cleaning up any accidents in the house after a long day of work, she's getting exercise, and she's being taken well care of. My pet sitter came with high recommendations. And she isn't too expensive which is a plus!

It's past my bedtime...I have to go to bed early so I can get up super early to miss rush hour traffic!

No comments: