Friday, December 26, 2008

Oh the weather outside was frightful!

I've already told everyone that I think Christmas should be in Tennessee next year! Remember...when we left Nashville it was 70 degrees!!
Brrrr!! It was FREEZING in Indiana!
Nothing like coming home to -25 degree temperatures!

We left on Saturday for Indiana and were lucky enough to arrive the day after the ice storm. Lucky for us, most of the ice in Adams County had melted. However, people in the Fort Wayne area weren't so fortunate. At one point, I had heard 177,000 people were without power and it would be days before they had it back. What a way to spend Christmas! Here's a picture of the ice that was just clinging to the tress in Fort Wayne. It was pretty to look at, I'm just glad we didn't have to mess with it.

I'll give a brief rundown of our trip back to Indiana:
  • Saturday - We spent most of the day in the car. This trip seems to get longer and longer.
  • Sunday - Engle Family Christmas---This was the day with the -25 degree weather. Welcome home!
  • Monday - We spent most of the day just relaxing in Berne and then headed up to Fort Wayne to do our last minute Christmas shopping. It took us an HOUR just to get out of the Best Buy parking lot. This will teach me to start Christmas shopping early next year! Then we met up with our friends Blake & Meredith, and their daughter Izzy for dinner.
  • Tuesday - After Zoe's shot at the vet, we headed up to South Bend for Christmas with the Stewart side. All I can say is that I was very disappointed in the city of South Bend/Mishawaka. I thought for a northern city, they would know how to clean their roads. Not so much! They were in horrible condition. We left for Berne that night which was a really bad idea. It was snowing in South Bend, but later turned into freezing rain. It finally stopped just north of Fort Wayne. US 30 was a mess! It was a white knuckle trip the whole way home. Thankfully, I didn't have to do any of the driving.
  • Wednesday/Christmas Eve - We spent the day with Justin's mom and dad and had Christmas with them that evening.
  • Thursday/Christmas Day - We celebrated Christmas with my side and got to meet Kiersten! We (or really I should say I) bought her the cutest little cowgirl onesies and cowgirl boots. And yes...I made her try them on! I'm just trying to get her ready for her first trip to Nashville!
  • Friday - On the Road again---back to TN. We stopped in Carmel and had lunch with our friend, Andy, but then got back on the road. It was so nice to come back to 60+ degree weather again!
So wherever you celebrated Christmas, I hope that you all had an enjoyable and safe holiday!
Lots of Love ~ Audra

No comments: