Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gonna Get a Rowdy Tonight Down at the Football Game

You may have noticed that watching the Colts play the Titans was on my Nashville To-Do List. However, I truly believed that if I wanted to see this game, it was going to have to happen in Indianapolis. The day that tickets went on sale I sat at my computer with Ticketmaster up just watching the seconds tick by until I could click the buy tickets button. On the split second that the tickets went on sale, I clicked. What I found was disappointment. The next screen that came up said that tickets were unavailable....meaning that they sold out. Seriously? What I learned was that there are very few tickets available to the public since there are so many season ticket holders, and whatever tickets are available are usually snatched up by brokers. Bummer!

So, I went to Plan B which was check out StubHub. All I could find were tickets in the nosebleeds for over $100/ticket....not something I was willing to pay. I don't know if you're familiar with LP Field, but the nosebleeds seats are WAY up there! People I know who have sat up there say that it is so steep, that you feel like you are going to fall out of your seat...not to mention, you really can't see any of the game. Needless to say, I gave up on my hope of going to this game and figured I'd watch it in my sweats on the couch.

For once, luck was on our side!!! When I got the phone call from Justin saying that we had (free) tickets in a SUITE at LP Field, I couldn't believe it! I had been having a crappy day that day, so this was possibly the best news I could have gotten to brighten it up! We NEVER get this lucky!!! I mean, I could see it happening in Indy because Justin's company has a suite at Lucas Oil...but in Nashville?! There was no question about it...WE WERE GOING!!!

So Sunday night, we headed downtown, parked, walked to the stadium, met the people we were going to the suite with, and sat down to watch some football! Of course Justin and I were the only ones in the suite happy with the outcome, but we were hoping for a better game. I even braved wearing my antique #88 Harrison jersey in a suite filled with Titans fan. I will say that I really didn't get heckled at all. I mean, really, how could they? Did you see the game!

1 comment:

Kyle & Jill said...

oh i have fond memories of that antique #88 jersey!!! :~)