Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Can I Go Down and Buy it at the Grocery Store

Can I go down and buy it at the grocery store?  Not if winter weather is headed our way!

It never fails!  I always have to go grocery shopping before an impending winter storm.  Honestly, I haven't been grocery shopping since around Thanksgiving, so we were out of everything.  We made it through the little snow storm we had, but now there's nothing to even snack on.  And what do you know, we're supposed to be getting an ice storm later today. 

We went out to dinner with some friends last night, and decided to grab a few groceries on the way home....just enough to get us through until we leave for Indiana.  So, we walked into Kroger and you would think that we are going to be snowed in for days!  The meat section is almost empty.  There was maybe 5 packs of chicken and 10 packs of ground beef left on the shelves.  The lady beside me struck up a conversation and said, "The other Kroger is completely out of meat!"  The shelves looked like they had been ravaged through, but I was able to get the few items I needed.  I just can't get over how much people panic here about this type of weather!

Our little snow storm wasn't bad at all.  However, our driveway was a nightmare.  It was a solid sheet of ice under the snow which provided no traction at all!  I know I've mentioned that we have a steep driveway since our house sits on a hill.  I couldn't even walk down our driveway because it was so slick!  Well, I had to get out because I had hair appointment.  (You can't miss these things!  I mean, my lady had to squeeze me in!)  So, I bundled up in my layers, Columbia coat, hat, scarves, gloves and snow boots (yes, I put my boots on for a inch of snow---I have them so I might as well wear them!) and head outside to start brushing the snow away so the ice can melt.  Yes---it was cold!  It's amazing how quickly your body adapts to a different climate.  There was a big section of the driveway I couldn't reach because other wise I would have fallen and slid down to the street, so I had to do the driveway in sections and wait for the ice to melt so I could work in towards the middle a littler further.  Let's just say, I had the cleanest driveway in the neighborhood!

We ended up going to another Predators game that night.  Remember how I mentioned the crowd was cheering about the snow forecast?  Well, the forecast at Monday night's game was cold temperatures, and the crowd started booing.  **Sigh**  C'mon people!  If you want snow, you have to deal with the cold.  You gotta love living in the South!

No comments: