Did you notice the ticker on the right? We finally have a move date.
Yesterday, the moving company sent someone to our house to do a walk-through to see how much "stuff" we have. This just gives them an idea of how many days they will need to pack up our house and the amount of space on the truck they will need to transport everything.
The moving company sent this very nice elderly man, Cecil, who was in his 70s. Now Southerners are known to be friendly and talkative, and this guy fit that description...almost a little too much! For those of you who know me well, you know I like to talk. However, this guy wore me out! At one point, I even considered asking if we was planning to do his job while he was at our home. Seriously...this guy didn't let up. Sometimes I even wondered if he was breathing because he was talking so much. I knew we were going to be in trouble when Cecil said, "I've spent the last 3 days with my 91-year-old mother. You have no idea how nice it is to talk to someone who can hear me."
Almost two and a half hours later, Cecil left. Turns out our "stuff" is estimated to weigh 8,000 pounds! So, what does that mean? Well, it means they need two days to get us moved. One day will be packing everything up, and the next day will be loading it on a truck and driving it to Indiana. As of now, we're scheduled for packing on the 13th and moving on the 14th.
Everything else is going well. One of our neighbors came out and fixed the few items from the home inspection which included building a rail in our unfinished bonus room. Yes, you heard me right, unfinished bonus room. That's how big on safety Dow is...so whatever it takes to keep them happy! I really don't want to complain though because this is such a trivial matter when looking at the grand scheme of moving. Now I just need to go through the items the movers won't take and figure out what to do with them.
On a side note, I finished another grad school class! Finance and Budgeting...the class I dreaded the most! It's finally over, and I'm two-thirds of the way done with grad school! My next class doesn't start up until after the new year, so I'm hoping to enjoy the next few days and spend time doing the things that keep getting put off.
No comments:
Post a Comment