This year, Justin and I purchased season tickets to the Nashville Predators, our NHL team. Go figure, the year we do, we have to move midway through the season. Last night, we went to watch our Preds take on the Florida Panthers. Our guys walked away with a win, but not without this hard hit of the night by Jordin Tootoo. These hits are one of the reasons I love hockey!
During the third period, they always do a weather forecast segment on the megatron. Well, the meteorologist mentioned that our rain would turn into snow overnight and the arena erupted in cheering. I have never seen a whole arena cheer and jump to their feet over snow! It's obvious that snow is not a usual occurrence here.
Well, I woke up this morning and it had just started snowing, and it has continued to snow throughout the whole day. We learned from our neighbor across the street that her husband and son were stranded somewhere and walking home, and Justin offered to go out and look for them and bring them home. For those of you who don't know, Justin's vehicle is a big Dodge Ram, so I wasn't too concerned about him going out. After all, the snow we received is nothing compared to what I'm used to. However, we have a VERY steep driveway, and he slid out of it onto the street. Turns out, someone else picked up our neighbors so Justin turned it around to drive back up in to the garage. Let's just say, he's parked in our neighbor's driveway for the night. Four-wheel drive couldn't even get him back up the driveway! This snowfall must be Mother Nature's cruel way of saying, "You better get use to it. I've got more where that came from!" **Sigh** At least it's flat ground in Indiana.
No comments:
Post a Comment