Thursday, December 30, 2010

Put the House Up For Sale

Our house has officially been on the market for 20 days.  The good news is that we have had two showings, and another one (a 2nd showing) scheduled for tomorrow.

Yesterday, we had what we thought was our first showing.  The scheduling office called and we had two hours to clean the house and get out.  As I was cleaning, our realtor called and said that the other people who looked at the house thought our kitchen was too small and said we weren't in the right school district.  I was so confused because I thought our first showing was what we were cleaning for.  Turns out, our house was shown while we were in Indiana.  Kind of creepy to think that someone was in our house while we were away.  Either way, at least the things they didn't like about the house were things we could not control.

We finished cleaning the house, loaded up the dog and left the house.  Our house was scheduled to be shown from 11:30 to 12:30.  At 12:45, we decided to head back to the house.  All the lights were still on, and there was no card on the counter which means, no one showed up.  Talk about inconvenient!  As Justin and I started to go about the rest of the day, I noticed a car driving up slowly to the house.  Then, it turned into our driveway at 2:00!  An hour and a half late!  I'm a stickler on time, so this didn't make me happy.  Justin grabbed Zoe and went out the back door.  As for me, I answered the door, said hi, and said we were going to get out of their way (and of course I politely mentioned we were expecting them back at 11:30-12:30).

Tonight, we received a phone call from the scheduling office saying that someone wanted a second showing of the house tomorrow.  At least we had more notice this time, and the house is already clean!  I don't know what we're going to do tomorrow, but we are going to stay out a little longer this time.

No comments: