Friday, September 11, 2009

Where Were You When the World Stopped Turning

Where were you?
I was a sophomore in college sitting in my television studio production class when they told us that the first plane had crashed into the twin towers. We were only in class for maybe 10-15 minutes before the professor told us we were dismissed. I walked back to the dorm where a group of people had gathered around the lounge tv and were watching the coverage. I stayed there for about a half hour and then went to my room. I was in shock. I didn't know what to do or say. As I logged onto my computer, I watched the video footage of the plane flying into the tower and couldn't believe that we, the United States of America, had been attacked on our own soil. These sorts of things didn't happen to our country. Then, I saw it happen again. Throughout the day, I heard about the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania and about the plane that crashed into the Pentagon. When was it all going to stop? Our country had just been changed forever.


I called home and talked to mom on the phone. I remember discussing that this day would be one that we would never forget....one where we always would know where we were when we found out it happened...one where we would remember who told us what had happened....and one where we would remember how we felt. She compared this day to when she was in school and they had come over the school sound system and said that JFK had been assassinated. She could remember where she was sitting, what classroom she was in, and who was with her.
This day, as horrific as it was, will always be engraved in our memories.


We will NEVER forget!
God Bless the U.S.A.!

No comments: