Monday, November 30, 2009

Candles on Her Birthday Cake

I'm getting closer to the dreaded 30!
I turned 28 on Sunday.
I'm starting to feel old!

Yeah, yeah...I know most of you reading this right now are rolling your eyes, laughing at me, or mocking me in some way. But it's true. I am finally starting to look at kids who are in college and realize that I am not that close in age anymore. I just hope that I still look like I'm in college!

Anyways, we didn't have any big plans. The family left, but we went out to eat beforehand, and as soon as they left, we went to buy our Christmas tree. Growing up as a kid we almost always put the tree up on my birthday, so I usually just keep it that way. So, the quest was on to find my tree. And I'm picky....I have to have a Douglas Fir. Last year, we looked all over town and all we could find were Frasier Firs....and I didn't want one of those. Finally, we stumbled across one more tent, and it was like the gates of heaven had just opened and the angels were singing...there were my Douglas Firs. So, I decided to try my luck there again this year....and it was successful! We came home and brought the tree in the house, but it didn't get decorated until tonight.

We also had dinner plans. Justin had made reservations at Kabuto's which is a Japanese Hibachi Grill. I love these places! However, what happened next was impressive. Justin surprised me and invited several of our friends to join us! Normally I hate surprises because that usually means that I am the center of attention, but the fact that Justin went to all of this work (and was able to keep it a secret) made my day! I decided that I would be a good sport about it The boy's got some event planning skills in him ;-) Here are some pics and video from the night.


He's the best!




Franky & Michele



Bryan & Heather








 Haley, Misty, Dawson & Del

The first video is the staff singing to me.  Make sure to listen to the guy trying to say my name...LOL!  The second video is the cook flipping chicken in the air and me attempting to catch it with my mouth.  We had to wrap myself up in napkins because I was wearing a white sweater...what are the odds?

No comments: