It has finally hit me that I'm getting older. :-( I am no longer that young person who can easily overcome all of the body's aches and pains. *Sigh* I knew this day would eventually come, and honestly, I'm not ready to accept it. Of course I can still overcome these everyday aches, but I'm learning that sometimes I just need the assistance of doctors. Primarily, I'm learning that I just need to get over my stubbornness and deal with the fact that I need to go to the doctor.
For the past several months, I've been dealing with lower back pain. It tends to occur in the morning whenever I bend over to put the bath mat on the floor or lean over to blow dry my hair. Every time I bend over, there is this sharp pain that shoots through my lower back leaving me wanting to scream out in agony! I've noticed that this pains tend to get better throughout the day, but it never goes away. I wake up again the next morning, and its back. I kept telling myself the same things over and over, "You probably slept wrong," "You probably twisted the wrong way in zumba," and of course "I'm sure it will go away in a few days."
WRONG!
In fact, the other day, it hurt so bad ALL DAY long that I couldn't get comfortable at work in my chair or on the love seat for that matter when I got home. I knew that it was time to seek some assistance. So, I sought out a reference and found myself a chiropractor.
I've never been to a chiropractor before, but from everyone I know that has ever been to one says that they are amazing! So...I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I took the recommendation of a co-worker and scheduled an appointment. All I can think is that this guy better be good. I mean, after all, he is the official chiropractor of the Tennessee Titans. Let's just hope that his prices don't reflect his prominent clientele.
This afternoon, I headed to his office and visited with the staff only to learn that they can't cause the pain to occur. I knew this. I mean, it only happens in the morning. They took some x-rays which showed that I tend to favor one side of my body when I stand. So after some muscle stimulation through electrical impulses, laying on the hydrobed (which by the way was amazing!), and being realigned, I'm scheduled for another visit in the near future to see if any of this helped.
Please keep your fingers crossed for me! I guess I'll find out in the morning if it worked!
No comments:
Post a Comment