Monday, November 30, 2009

One Little Girl

My family came down to visit over the weekend, and to be honest, I'm glad they made the trip and not me.  For those of you who have never made the trip from Indiana to Nashville by car, it's not a fun trip.  Honestly, it's not bad.  I'm just not a good car traveler.  As soon as everyone got settled in, I decided that we were going to celebrate Kiersten's birthday.  She turns the big number 1 on Saturday, and Justin and I are unable to be there.  

I didn't have time to make a cake, so she got the next best thing...a Gigi's Cupcake!  I don't think she knew what to do with it at first, but once she got a taste, the "yummmmmm" that followed was a good indication that she liked it!  I also hooked her up with some books and new clothes!


We didn't do much else over the weekend.  I took Mom and Mandy around town to several boutique shops.  I've always made it my mission wherever I live to find the cute little shops.  Then that night, we went out to Opryland Hotel to look at the Christmas lights.  Let me tell, if you come down and want to see it....you're probably going to be on your own.  The place was packed!  It took us 30 minutes to get to the parking lot and then probably another 20 minutes to find a parking spot.  Remember...I am NOT a patient person!  Now mind you, we were parking over at the mall because I wasn't paying $18 to park for just an hour or two.  Apparently, everyone else is catching on to the local's trick.  It is impressive though...they have over 2 million lights there.

Anyways, it was good to see everyone again.  I'll see several of you soon in a few weeks when we're home for Christmas.  It will be brief though....we're cramming 4 Christmas' into 3 days!

No comments: