Many of you know that I try to stay away from politics. I usually don't voice my opinion publicly and I leave any talk of politics up to Justin who stays very informed on what is going on with our government. However, today I feel compelled to make a comment (and since I voted...I now have the right to complain). I am very disappointed in the choice that our country has made for President. It has nothing to do with which political party the candidate belongs to or race, but it has everything to do with the values and ideas of the person we have elected. I am scared about what lies ahead for the future of our country. Putting political parties aside, I truly believe that everyone has forgotten how our economy works. We have to suffer through times like these in order to come full circle. I also believe the capitalist society of which we are all familiar with will vanish. My heart pours out to the small business owners and the struggles that they will endure, the unborn children, and also to those of us who work hard everyday to make life comfortable for ourselves only to now have to turn around and hand even more of our extra cash over to those who are too lazy to help themselves.
I'm saying a little prayer today that the leaders we have elected will be able to look past party lines, make wise choices and work together, instead of against, to help our country thrive to be the great nation that it is intended to be.
I know a few of you who read this will completely disagree with me, and that's OK. However, we are all entitled to our own opinions and I have chosen today to publicly voice mine. From what I've seen and heard, my free speech may not last too much longer.
God Bless the U.S.A.
1 comment:
I could not have said it better! You took the words right out of my mouth. I might have to re-post this on my blog :) Republicans United!
Post a Comment