On Sunday, we spent Thanksgiving with all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins, etc on dad's side. I can't believe how big all of the little kiddos are! I definitely got my fill of all of that home cooked food and sweets!
Monday I went shopping with mom in search of some new winter clothes. Everything in TN was short-sleeved, so I thought I would have better luck in Indiana. No such luck! Apparently short sleeves during winter is in this year. However, I did get to go to Von Maur. *SIGH* I miss that store. I'm sure Justin is proud though that I steered past the shoe section. We then spent the evening at mom and dad's where dad made me homemade pizza for my birthday, YUM-O! And, I can't forget a birthday meal without a cake from Aunt Becky! I know...it would seem that I'm getting a bit old to have a birthday cake...but if you haven't had a bite of my aunt's cake, you just wouldn't understand!
We spent what seemed like most of Tuesday on the road. This day started out interesting with us getting up at 5:30 AM (4:30 AM TN time). This was quite a feat in itself for me, but Justin needed to be at Dow's headquarters in Indy by 8:30 for a training session at 9:00. Except, that was 9:00 was really CT on his calendar which meant the session didn't start until 10:00 ET. He discovered this just outside of Indy. I could have had an extra hour of sleep! So we settled for breakfast at Cracker Barrel (of course) with a co-worker/fellow Purdue turf grad. After his meeting, we headed up to Boiler Country where I had lunch with my friends/old co-workers Jill & Bobbe at Hunter's Pub. You always have to hit up your old favorite pubs when you're back in town! We then spent the rest of the afternoon visiting many other friends/old co-workers/professors before heading back to dinner at Justin's boss' house in Carmel.
Wednesday we were able to spend most of the day relaxing. Later in the evening I met up with my old college roommates for dinner. It has been too long since we have all seen each other! The good news is that we won't have to go so long again without seeing each other because we will all be up in Shipshewana in June for Jen's wedding.
Turkey Day was spent in Fort Wayne at Justin's cousin's house. It was slim pickings this year, but the food and company was excellent as always!
As for today, well, it was spent in the car driving back to TN. I'm so glad that we don't make this trip very often! As much as we miss everyone, the trip is just too long! Six hours isn't that bad, but it's longer than what I like to spend in the car. I don't know how Justin does it!
There you have it...my week in a nutshell! I hope that you all had a great (and filling) Thanksgiving and that you were able to spend it with family and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment