Justin and I went in search today for a Christmas tree. And since it was my birthday, Justin couldn't say no. This is only something that I've been nagging about to him for the past couple of weeks. Last year, we didn't have one since we were in the process of moving, and honestly, I haven't let him forget it. So this year, I felt that it was important we have one especially since we are in our first home (alright...I really just felt that I needed all of the excuses I could come up with to go tree shopping!)I had all intentions of coming home with an artificial tree today (because I HATE putting on lights!), but Justin was hoping for a real one. After a quick trip through the artificial Christmas tree section at Lowe's, Justin won this battle! He was right, a real tree is just fuller than an artificial tree. It's too bad real trees don't come pre-lit already! ;-) So off we were in search of a real tree, and I had my heart set on a Douglas Fir. We did look at trees at Lowe's (and they had Douglas Firs), but Justin insisted that we try to find a place on the side of the road first as these tend to be the cream of the crop of Christmas trees, and we'd be getting our money's worth. Do you know how hard it is to find Christmas tree places on the side of the road in TN? I swear that in Indiana they are on every corner. Our waitress at Mimi's Cafe told us this morning where she had seen them, so we went there first in search of the perfect tree. Wouldn't you know...they only sold Frasier Firs. Since I had already given in to the real tree, I wasn't going to give in to what kind of fir I wanted. The nursery place we saw was also only selling Frasier Firs, so we decided to go back to Lowe's and settle for their Douglas Firs (which had nothing wrong with them by the way). Apparently firs are the only Christmas trees you can buy in TN. On the way back to Lowe's, we found a gigantic tent with trees outside. We decided to try our luck there. Not only did they have Frasier Firs, but Douglas Firs straight from Michigan! YEAH!!! So we tied it to the top of the Trailblazer and all was right in the world!
I spent the rest of the day trying to find a paint color for the living room and putting up my lighted garland inside and out. Decorating the tree and putting out the rest of the Christmas decorations is on the agenda for tomorrow. I'll post photos when I'm done.
Don't think I let Justin get off that easy for my birthday though! We finished off the evening with the new movie Four Christmases and dinner at September's. Oh...and I can't forget about my new Wii Fit!
Thanks to everyone for all of the birthday cards/emails/facebook messages! You are the best!
~Audra

1 comment:
We saw that movie this weekend too....it was cute :)
Post a Comment