Monday, November 17, 2008

Up in Indiana Where the Tall Corn Grows

We're headed back to the Hoosier state this weekend, and it looks like I'll need to pack warm and bundle up!!! You all are getting snow/flurries! That's crazy! I'm just now starting to break out my fall coat!

I can't believe how much stuff we have crammed into the week that we are going to be home. We're leaving at an undetermined time on Friday, and hopefully it won't be too late. The last time we drove back to Indiana, we didn't leave here until 6:00 pm. It was midnight (1:00 AM, Indiana time) by the time we got back. We were exhausted! (AND Kudos to Justin for driving the whole trip!) Then we're heading back on the 28th so we have a couple of days to relax here at home before going back to work.

Justin is headed back to the place that I never thought I would get him to leave...Purdue. He's going to catch the IU vs. PU game with our friend, Ben. I'm throwing a baby shower the same day for Mandy. I wish these two events weren't on the same day. While I have no ticket for the game, I still have my Photo ID badge for the stadium. I know it doesn't have the right year on it, but I'm sure the security there hasn't changed. Getting in would be a breeze. Plus I'm sure my old co-workers would still let me in. However, there will be several people at the baby shower that I haven't seen in FOREVER! Either way, it will be fun!

I'm also going to catch up with my old college roommates: Jen, Megs & Rach! I can't wait! I haven't seen these girls in almost two years! One is getting married and another one is pregnant...our lives are changing so much and I can't wait to catch up with them all!

And to my extended family---I did not forgot about you! I can't believe that I haven't seen you all since last Thanksgiving! I'm sure all of the little kiddos are so big now! And I'll admit, I can't wait for the smorgasbord of food!!! I'm pretty sure I'll be signing up at the Y when we get back!

Either way...I wish there was more time because there are many friends that I won't be able to see! So, I send you my love and hugs for a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

butchers said...

Sounds like you have a busy weekend. It seems like when holidays hit...every weekend is busy! The pictures of the new house look great! Looks like you guys have been busy working as well. Hope to see you this weekend!