Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I sold what I could, and packed what I couldn't

OK...so I haven't really sold any of my stuff, but I do have a box of stuff for the neighborhood garage sale! We finally have everything moved out of the old house! Greg & Deb left town on Tuesday, a friend helped move all the big/heavy items on Wednesday, Mom & Dad came into town on Thursday and by Saturday everything we own was over at the new house! I'll be able to park in the garage when I get Justin's sample products moved out of the way.

This could be a rather long post...so I hope you have some time...

Friday - Halloween
This day started off interesting. I had to be at work early and this was also the first day I would be getting ready at the new house. It's amazing the little things that creep up when you move into a new place. When I turned on the shower, it began making this AWFUL high-pitch whistling noise. No joke, I seriously thought I had set off the smoke detector and woke up everyone else in the house. Getting that fixed has jumped into the #1 spot of my new house to-do list!

Mom & Dad packed up the rest of our belongings while I was at work, the security system was being installed, and Justin was trying very patiently to paint the kitchen. We were getting ready to leave for dinner and I noticed that he hadn't painted the edge of the wall by the ceiling. I was afraid if he didn't do it, it would leave a framing effect, so he reluctantly finished that part (I'll admit...I hate this part too!) He did great, but I had to promise that I would do the second coat! While we were waiting for Justin to get ready we had some trick-or-treaters show up. I hadn't really anticipated on doing the trick-or-treat thing this year, so I didn't turn my porch light on. However, my front door was open, so people came anyways. Luckily I had purchased a bag of candy. The first little girl who came to my door dressed as a princess began crying. She yelled "Trick-or-Treat" which scared Zoe. Zoe ferociously ran to the door barking. I felt horrible! I'm sure this girl will be scarred for life now! Another little boy (who happens to live next door) came dressed as a Tennessee Titan. His helmet was so big he could barely see out. I told his mom we were Colts fan, but we'd still give him some candy anyways. I don't know if being a Colts fan scared him or if it was Zoe again, but I think he peed on my porch! I literally ran out of candy in 5 minutes! Apparently, my neighborhood has A LOT of kids. Note to self: either stock up on candy when it's on sale or leave for the night!


Saturday-
This day was spent packing up the remainder of the items in the old house and moving them to the new house. We did however, go to the Grand Ole Opry on Saturday night. While they were celebrating Little Jimmy Dickens 60 years at The Opry, we went so Dad could see Trace Adkins. Keep listening on the radio for Trace Adkins new song about his plan for the economy. I think you're going to like it. We also saw Brad Paisley who had a girl jump up on stage and hug him, then slip something in his back pocket...this was apparently a first for the Opry. (http://bradpaisley.musiccitynetworks.com/index.htm?inc=5&news_id=14600)





Sunday-
**Sigh** If you're looking to invest in some stocks right now, I would suggest Lowe's. I've been doing a pretty good job of spending our paychecks there! I originally went to look for blinds and crown molding. I have to custom order my blinds, but I did leave with plenty of crown molding and several other home improvement items. Once we got back to the house, Justin had to start packing (and finding his stuff) to hit the road for Tupelo, MS. So, I put Dad to work on the crown molding while I finished the 2nd coat of paint in the kitchen. Later, Mom and I left so I could go find some panels for the windows on the side of the door. Once again, I was unsuccessful in my shopping and had to order the sheer side light panels. We ended the night with pizza and football!


Monday-
I took a much needed vacation day! I helped Dad put up the crown molding and tried to get some things cleaned up around the house. And KUDOS to Dad who fixed the annoying shower noise!! After Mom & Dad left for Indiana, I went back to painting the trim and doorways. In fact, I was so involved in this whole process, I almost forgot to go to the eye doctor. I spent the rest of my evening painting and trying to make my list of things to accomplish next.


So that's where we're at! My goal for the night is to be able to locate all of my clothes and shoes to make getting ready in the morning a bit easier.

No comments: