Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I'm Going Out Tonight

All I can say is that the CMTs were AMAZING!!! If you watched it on TV, then you know there were some GREAT performances!!! My personal faves were Sugarland & the B-52s singing Love Shack, Trace Adkins' You're Gonna Miss This, and Taylor Swift & Def Leppard Pour Some Sugar on Me!
Justin was such a trooper about the whole night! We went down and checked out the red carpet for a bit, and then went to get in line. We found our seats, which turned out to be a great view of the stage, and just waited for the show to start. After the show was over, Justin said that this was the ONLY country awards show that he has ever watched in it's entirety. He said it wasn't as bad as he thought it was going to be and that it was pretty good. Deep down, I think he secretly enjoyed it! :-)

It's strange being a part of a live show. You get a countdown back from commercial break, they tell you when to applause, and what to do during the performances and when to do them. For instance, during Dierks Bentley's opening number of Sideways, a choreographer came out on stage and told us what to do during certain parts of a song. Then, during a commercial break, someone, I'm guessing a producer, came out and told us to open our cell phones and wave them during the 2nd verse of Trace Adkins' You're Gonna Miss This.

I took over a 100 pictures at the show! And thank goodness I had brought along an extra set of batteries, because one hour into the show during Lady Antebellum's performance, the batteries in my camera went dead! I would have been devastated if I hadn't brought extras. You always have to be prepared. I only posted a few pics...if you want to see more, leave a comment, and I'll work on setting up a snapfish album.

Red Carpet




Host Bill Engvall



Breakthrough Video of the Year
Zac Brown Band - Chicken Fried



Duo of the Year
Sugarland - All I Want to Do



Wide Open Country Video of the Year
Kid Rock - All Summer Long



Group Video of the Year
Rascal Flatts - Everyday



CMT Performance of the Year
Dierks Bentley, Alan Jackson, Brad Paisley & George Strait (not pictured) - Country Boy



Female Video of the Year
Taylor Swift - Love Story



Collaborative Video of the Year
Brad Paisley & Keith Urban - Start a Band



Male Video of the Year
Brad Paisley - Waitin' On a Woman



Video of the Year
Taylor Swift - Love Story



No comments: