Monday, June 22, 2009

Puttin' Food There on the Table

I've decided that the next big ticket item on our list of things to purchase for the house is a dining room table and chairs. I mean, who really goes as long as we have with no table to sit at? I guess we've never bought one because we've always lived in places that were too small and we didn't have room for one. In reality, we're really not home that often to even use one. Even if we were home, we probably would just continue sitting on the couch eating dinner. We don't entertain that often, but after having some friends over this weekend and no place to sit, I decided that we need to start looking for something, and at least get an idea on how much it is going to cost.

I already have in mind what I want. The problem is trying to find it! I absolutely LOVE this set from Pottery Barn, however, I'm not willing to pay the Pottery Barn price for it.

Off we went on Sunday afternoon in search of finding something similar to this. We went to 3 different furniture stores and didn't see anything that we liked. If we found a table that we both liked, we didn't like the chairs that went with it. Then when I did find a table that was somewhat close to what I was looking for, it ended up being pub or counter height which I don't want either. I'm hard to please.

I have a feeling that this could be a VERY long process.

No comments: