Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's Usually Bound to Get Better

I think I'm going to ask the vet if they have or could offer a frequent visitor's punch card.

Zoe had to go back to the vet yesterday because she is STILL having issues. Saturday night as I was sitting on the floor, she came up beside me, sat down and started scooting her butt across the floor. Justin and I flashed each other that, "Did you see that?" look, and knew that this was going to require another trip back to the vet.

Justin and I have suggested all along that it has been a continuing issue with her glands while the vets were searching out other alternatives. At this point in time, I think we should have been vets....because we were right!

I didn't go to the vet yesterday because I was at work, but Justin took her and sure enough, she had blood building up in her glands again. (I know this is disgusting....sorry!) This time around, they brought two vets into the room while Justin lifted her up on the table so her glands could be flushed and treated with medication. From what I was told, Zoe was NOT happy about this procedure. Justin said that she huffed and puffed the whole time she was up there and then refused to look at him for the next few hours.

When Justin called me to tell me what they found out at the vet, I got one of his not-so-subtle responses that went a little something like this:
Remember that Dirty Jobs episode where Mike Rowe artificially inseminates a cow? That's kind of what it looked like today when Zoe was at the vet....only with an antibiotic/steroid solution, a catheter and some glands. So glad I'm not a vet! She's been mad at me all day for taking her in.

Let's hope that we might finally be on the road to recovery. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: